You can check out some of the photos from our conference over in our Media Gallery.
On the 1st and 2nd March 2018 the INTREPID Forensics Programme concluded with a conference in Leicester, entitled Innovation through Collaboration to reflect the ethos and achievements of the project. This conference took place at College Court Conference Centre and Hotel. The event was jointly run by the INTREPID Forensics Programme and the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences and hosted around 60 guests.
- To celebrate the end of the INTREPID Forensics project
- To showcase the added value of collaboration in forensic science
- To break down barriers between people involved in this field
- To create an environment to stimulate cross-disciplinary discussions
- A full understanding of the outcomes of the INTREPID programme.
- Increased understanding of interdisciplinarity and the potential of forensic science, through the exploration of current projects and future opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate in discussions about key topics affecting the future of forensics.
As the INTREPID programme is all about developing future forensic researchers, this event was open to students, academics, forensic practitioners, police, funding bodies, legal practitioners and those working in the commercial industry.
Call for poster presentations
We received some outstanding posters which were displayed during the conference.
INTREPID Forensics Programme Poster Prize Competition: A prize of £250 was awarded to the best poster and £100 to the runner up.