On the 1st and 2nd March 2018 the INTREPID Forensics Programme will conclude with a conference in Leicester, entitled Innovation through Collaboration to reflect the ethos and achievements of the project. This conference will take place on Thursday 1st March and Friday 2nd March 2018 at College Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Knighton Road, Leicester LE2 3UF. Registration for the conference, which is being jointly run by the INTREPID Forensics Programme and the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, will open shortly.
- To celebrate the end of the INTREPID Forensics project
- To showcase the added value of collaboration in forensic science
- To break down barriers between people involved in this field
- To create an environment to stimulate cross-disciplinary discussions
Attendees will gain:
- A full understanding of the outcomes of the INTREPID programme.
- Increased understanding of interdisciplinarity and the potential of forensic science, through the exploration of current projects and future opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate in discussions about key topics affecting the future of forensics.
As the INTREPID programme is all about developing future forensic researchers, this event is open to (but not limited to) students, academics, forensic practitioners, police, funding bodies, legal practitioners and those working in the commercial industry.
Call for poster presentations
We would be interested in receiving poster abstracts on the topics of interdisciplinarity and collaboration in forensic science. Examples of this would include collaboration between academics from different disciplines or between academics and industry partners.
INTREPID Forensics Programme Poster Prize Competition: A prize of £250 will be awarded to the best poster and £100 to the runner up.
The closing date for submissions to the poster competition is 4 pm on Friday 8th December 2017. Click here to submit your poster abstract.